Thursday, February 14, 2008

Spanish Baroque




Spanish Baroque by Reed and Barton Sterling is one of those things that sings to me. It has had that magic ability since I first saw it over 30 years ago. I have had and treasured many pieces of sterling silver in this pattern and every single time that I have held it, washed it, eaten from it, or just gazed at it there has been a certain magic about it. I have just begun to really investigate the many different patterns that are used to decorate those most used utensils that we encounter everyday. Many of the most beautiful patterns are no longer in production which only makes them all the more special. To start the day with such a beautiful implement to serve up the daily yogurt or cereal is a real treat, not to mention what a good stir to the caffeine can do if you are holding an historic pattern as you swim towards the surface of the day and the beginning of the daily grind!!



No comments: